So your assignment today is getting a handle on what's so. So take out your journal (and if you don't have one yet, create one; any notebook will do), put down today's date and just jot down the following:
- Your Age
- Your Height
- Your Weight
- Relationship Status
- Number of Kids
- Where you live: address, type, size, rent or own.
- Job title
- Your Current Salary/Monthly Income
- Current Assets: money in the bank, current receivables, IRAs, 401(k) plans, stocks, real estate, car, jewelry, etc.
- Current Obligations: rent, taxes, utilities, memberships, school tuition, alimony/child support, etc.
- Current Debt: credit card(s), mortgage(s), car or personal loans, installment sale obligations
- Degrees, Certifications and Licenses
- Other titles or achievements
- Physical achievements, challenges met, crafts projects completed
- Status of anything else you keep track of (how much you bench press, the state of your beanie baby collection, how often you traveled or saw family in the last year, etc.)
Don't judge! Don't start looking at whether you think it's enough or whether you thought you'd be somewhere else. All you want to do with this is acknowledge what's so.
Now you want to acknowledge yourself for everything it took to get here, and for the work you did to have what you have and be who and where you are.