I just love my friend Sara Lou Cooper. She sends out a cue a week to keep me engaged in my life. This week, the cue was themed “What they think.”
Here is my response and my invite to her, and you::
- My friend's think I am… really smart.
- My family think I am… not using my talents, of which there are many.
- My kids think I am… a great dad.
- My partner thinks I am… frustrated and unhappy, but smart, and able to do anything.
I think I am…
- when I let myself wallow, stuck in the wrong place, behind the eight ball, a person who never misses a chance to miss a chance, a victim of a long history of uninspired choices, afraid of my own shadow, and pretty much a waste of space.
- when I'm not in a bad place, under-appreciated, under-utilized, unable to communicate my value such that I can engage others, and just unable to make a difference.
- when I am in a good place, making a difference in other people's lives, and adding value that is appreciated and changing the course of the world, but still worried that I am on the wrong path.
- most of the time, a great dad; this is the one thing I know I've got right, except when it comes to setting an example of leading a life of fulfillment, satisfaction, inspiration, excitement, and fearlessness. There, I still have work to do.
- thoughtful, kind, smart, wise, different, creative, attentive, knowledgeable, compassionate, direct, faithful, loving, and, when I'm not getting in my own way, capable, persistent, and unrelenting, especially when it comes to others
But for all that, here's the thing about what I think or what I think other people think. All that goes out the window when I am in action. When I am engaged, and particularly when I am in a state of flow, the thoughts fall into the background, and I actually get to make the impact that I otherwise might think about.
So now I want you to do something, for me as well as for you. I am not coaching enough, and I want to be action. If you are here, this is probably true for you too. So do us both a favor. Carve out an hour and schedule a consultation with me. Use coupon code GreatValue to get your consultation for $50 instead of $500. If we choose to work together, it's a call a week (anywhere from 15 minutes to as long as it takes), taking one week off a month, with e-mail and phone availability as needed outside of our regular call.
As my answers above suggest, I am an expert as self-sabotage and making my life harder than it needs to be. This gives me a keen eye for other's tendencies to do the same. I am also clear that the path out of this is action that honors the commitments in our lives.
What you get is a powerful coach to push you into the zone of adventure and out-sized results, in all the domains in your life. What I get is another set of actions I can put in my calendar to make the world the kind of place I think it ought to be.
I am looking forward to working with you. To schedule, just click here.