As I mentioned in our last post, I reviewed Jim Rohn's Best Year Ever last week. Here is the essence of that four hour and twenty minute excursion.
According to Mr. Rohn, there are five pieces to life's puzzle. They are:
- Your Philosophy
- Your Attitude
- Your Activity/Discipline
- Your Measures
- Your Intended Lifestyle
Your assignment is to define these for yourself. Rather than try to explain, I'll show you. Here are some of mine:
- My Philosophy: My time is the only thing I can't get back; Always be Making a Difference.
- The Attitude: I love how Mr. Rohn puts this "Let the past be a school." Everyone I meet and everything I encounter is there for me to learn and grow from. I will embrace this.
- Things I will do: Keep planting seeds: Write, Lead, Coach, Teach
- The Measures: Post at least one item a week. Answer at least ten Quora questions each week. Reach out to at least two potential customers each week. Lead or assist at an introduction to the Landmark Forum at least twice a month. Earn $17,809 a month within a year.
- Intended Lifestyle: To be constantly moving and meeting new people with a number of modest home bases.
You might also want to note the background conversations that you already have with yourself. My default conversations are nothing like what I've written above. They're usually more like: "You missed your chance. Why bother anyway? Go eat some chocolate. No don't. You're an idiot. Do you want to be useless and fat?"
Feel free to share in the comments below.